This is a very funny and informative video on Vitamin D, with images that will stick with you. (I especially liked his publication strategy to get new patients.)
- Infant chimps, which we have already seen need similar Vitamin D to humans can take 5000 iu per day.
- Collagen without sufficient Vitamin D is like putting Jello in water- it gets softer and can’t support the bones.
- Iguana owners have a better idea of Vitamin D needs than most doctors. (And the pictures of Vitamin D deficient iguanas will stick with you.)
- Vitamin D is responsible for regulating the blood pressure hormone rennin, and for combating elevated levels of C-reactive protein in your body.
- Malignant melanoma usually appears in areas without exposure to sun, and working out of doors lowers your malignant melanoma rate.
- Squamous cell skin cancer is the only cancer that occurs more in sunbathers, the ones that will kill you are lower.
- Vitamin D toxicity occurred in a Florida lawyer who was taking 1 million iu of Vitamin D for two years due to a manufacturing accident. When they gave him a diuretic and kept him out of the sun for a month, it reversed.
- While tanning bed enthusiasts get more cancer, they also have higher bone density.
Lots more and hard information:
See Related Posts: