This is an easy way to get your daily dose of carotenoids and coconut oil.
- 1 package organic coconut cream
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 cups or 1 can pumpkin puree (pumpkin pie mix can be used instead, but omit the cane sugar.)
- 1/3 cup brown cane sugar
- Stevia powder to taste (green is fine)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 3 cardamon buds mashed
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp mace or freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 pint washed blackberries
- Optional blackberry all fruit syrup
Put the coconut cream, coconut milk, pumpkin puree and sugar in a mixing bowl and whip at high speed, taking care to scrape the heavier coconut cream off the sides of the bowel. Add stevia to taste. (Some sugar is needed for texture, however xylitol can be substituted or you can add 2 tsp freezer pectin and use stevia alone. You will need to let it stand longer before eating if you use the pectin.) Add vanilla and spices. You can either fold in the black berries or add them on top at the end. Pour blackberry all fruit syrup over the top if desired.
Energetically this warms the Spleen and Kidneys while nourishing yin, The carminative spices keep the dampness from being cloying. Provides carotenoids in their natural full spectrum, and the benefits of coconut oil.